Tennis Court Rules and Regulations
- Tennis courts are available year-round, weather permitting, until
- Only association members in good standing, and their guests, may use the tennis courts or facilities.
- No pets are allowed in the fenced court areas.
- Court gates should be kept closed at all times for safety.
- The courts are for tennis only. No bikes, skates, skateboards, scooters or other activities are permitted on the court at any time.
- Children under the age of 10 must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- At night, all lights should be turned off by the last players leaving the courts.
- Please be responsible and care for your courts at all times.
- Violations of the rules and regulations may result in expulsion from the tennis courts for a prescribed time.
- Appropriate tennis attire and non-marking court shoes are required on all courts. Flip-flops, crocs or sandals are not allowed on the court. During the summer months, swim shorts are permissible, and girls should wear a skirt or shorts over a bathing suit. Shirts are to be worn by members and guests at all times.
- Players must exhibit proper sportsmanship while playing (no profanity, throwing of rackets, etc.).
- No one, other than players and officials, shall be allowed inside the fenced area. Those waiting to play, spectators, and children must stay outside the fenced area.
- No food or food containers are allowed inside the fenced area. Beverages are permitted in non-breakable containers.
- Sitting or leaning on the nets is prohibited.
- No littering is allowed. Trash containers are provided for your use.
- No smoking is allowed inside the fenced area or on the wooden deck.
- As a courtesy to all players, walking behind a court while a point is in progress should be avoided.
- It is understood that any member causing property damage shall be held financially responsible.
- Members shall also be responsible for any damage done by their guests or children in their household.
- All players are required to make an online reservation for courts via reservemycourt.com prior to play.
- A tennis player may sign up for a court no more than 2 days in advance. Court times will be provided for up to one hour and a half. Provided no one is waiting, players may continue to use the courts after their time is up.
- Players are allowed a 10-minute grace period in which to begin play. After that time, the court reservation is forfeited. (Note: The 10-minute grace period does NOT extend the playing time).
- Courts reserved for USTA and other league play are overseen by the tennis pro and all amendments to these reservations must be made through them.
- Walk-On Reservations: A “walk-on” reservation is non-advance reservation. Any courts not previously reserved are available for “walk-on” use.
- Courts 1,2,3 may not be reserved in advance and are open for “walk-on” play except when reserved by the tennis pro for clinics, private lessons or league matches.
- Court 1 is the designated court for ball machine use. When available, this court may be reserved, upon request, by the tennis pro, for ball machine use only.
- If unable to keep a reservation, a player should cancel the court time so that it may be available to others. Players who consistently sign up for time and do not show up may have court privileges revoked.
The ARA Board of Directors reserves the right to amend these rules at any time without advance notice. If changes are made, members will receive appropriate notification via email.