Extended Season Pool Hours
September 8 – 20, 2020
Monday – Friday, open 4:30 – 8 pm
Saturday & Sunday, open 12 – 8 pm
*** Closing Day September 20 ***
Baby Pool Closes at 3
Lower Pool Closes at 4
Upper Pool Closes at 5
Avalon Phase III Pool Operating Rules and Requirements
Avalon’s Pool Facilities will moving be moving into Phase III, July 1st 2020
The Avalon Board and Staff are happy to announce our expanded operational plan to coincide with the Virginia’s Phase III guidelines beginning this Wednesday, July 1st for our Members. The safety and health of our community remains our top priority under the current conditions.
The changes to our model arrives just in time for the July 4th weekend and we hope to see many of our Avalon families enjoying their holiday at the club. Please read our updated operating rules and requirements below.
Further, as we will be updating the reservation system to account for the new Phase III guidelines, any member who has already made a reservation for July 1st or later will need to make a new reservation once the system is updated the evening of Tuesday, June 30th.
Avalon Phase III Pool Operating Rules and Requirements
The Avalon Board of Directors, management, and staff have been working diligently to operate our pools under the guidelines set by Governor Northam’s administration for the phased reopening of businesses in Virginia. We have consulted applicable CDC, state, and local guidelines and developed the rules and requirements below to operate the pool under the Virginia Phase III Guidelines.
- The pools will be open for free swim at 75% capacity, provided ten feet of social distancing may be maintained between members not of the same household.
- The pools will also continue to be available for lap swimming, exercise, and instruction, which will include swim and dive team use.
- Pool capacity (i.e. members actually swimming in one of the pools) will be limited to 60 members per pool for a total of 120 members for both pools to comply with the Virginia Phase III Guidelines to limit capacity to 75%. Parents/guardians/spouses, etc. will be able to be on the pool deck with a swimmer, space permitted, but must have a reservation (see below) to be able to have a spot in a pool.
- Avalon will continue to use its reservation system the “Pool is Open” to reserve one of the 120 spots for swimming for two hour time slots. One reservation equals one swimmer being allowed in a pool (i.e. if two members of a family book one reservation, one family member at a time may be in a pool but family members may take turns being in the pool under the one reservation; if two family members book two reservations, two family members may be in a pool; etc.). If reservations are not full, members may walk up to the pool and make a reservation for a spot in a pool. We ask that members please be respectful of their reservation times to allow other members the opportunity to enjoy the pool during their respective reservation time.
- The baby pool will also be open as of Wednesday, July 1st, as space permits for social distancing.
- Avalon will also begin morning adult swim starting Wednesday, July 1st and will run through Friday, August 14th. Morning swim will be available Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 6:30 am – 8:00 am. Morning swim will also use the “Pool is Open” system for reservations. The cost for morning swim will be $25/single member and 35$/couple. Upon making a reservation, members will be invoiced for the cost.
- Seating will be available on the pool deck for those not using the pools, as space permits. Table and chairs will be reconfigured to allow for required physical distancing. Ten feet of physical distancing must be maintained between non-family members.
- Unfortunately, the slide is not yet able to be open at this time.
- No one with a fever or symptoms of COVID-19, or known exposure to a COVID-19 case in the prior 14 days, is permitted in the establishment.
- Avalon will be continue to use checklist sheets to ask all members a series of screening questions upon entering the facility, as required by the Virginia Phase III Guidelines.
- Entry to the pool will continue through the normal entryway, and there will be a separate exit near the dive blocks of the lower pool (swim team pool). Entry and exit will be one way only.
- The management and staff have put in place protocols and procedures to comply with Phase III and CDC guidelines regarding sanitation of all high touch areas and face covering protocols. In addition, hand sanitizer stations will be available throughout the pool area as well as cleaning solution for members to use if they so choose.
- Members are encouraged and recommended to wear face coverings while not swimming and especially upon entrance and exit from the pool for the protection of staff and members.
- The snack bar is open with expanded operations. Please practice social distancing in line by adhering to the marks on the pavement.
- Gator Camp will begin the week of Monday, July 6th.
The Avalon Board and Staff are very excited to expand our pool operations under Phase III as of July 1st. While this year presents some unique challenges, we are committed to making your experience at the club a safe and enjoyable one again in 2020. Adjustments may be made as permitted to enhance our operations and activities throughout the season and we have extended our calendar at least two weeks after the normal Labor Day close. Stay tuned for additional updates as they arise.
The Avalon Board and Staff
Think about all the tennis you could be playing…
Avalon Upper Pool Stars in Virginia Lottery Commercial
The Virginia State Lottery chose Avalon as the location for this summer’s commercial, bringing a little bit of Hollywood to Heathfield road.
The all-day, 15 hour filming included multiple trucks, producers, actors/actresses, writers, cameras, lighting, cords, etc.
It was an honor to be chosen. So if you are watching TV and notice something familiar during the adverts…you are not seeing things, it really is Avalon.
Our internet is always on. But really, shouldn’t you be swimming?
A wide variety of drinks, snacks, and frozen treats.